Renewing Wedding Vows: Not Just for Celebrity Couples
Every so often, celebrity couples grab the headlines for renewing their wedding vows, sometimes just a few months after their splashy wedding celebrations. Recently, Khloe Kardashian Odom and her husband Lamar Odom were reported to have renewed their wedding vows, and other stars such as Heidi Klum and Seal have made it a tradition to renew their wedding vows every year, sometimes in creative theme celebrations.
While celebrities often drive wedding trends, their example in the world of renewing wedding vows has become a bit confusing to couples. So to clear away that confusion, here are some reasons why renewing vows is so popular right now:
• Renewing wedding vows re-connects couples, especially if they’ve had a challenging year for any reason – a health crisis, financial stress, job search struggles, a move to a new city, what have you
• Renewing wedding vows allows couples to celebrate milestone anniversaries – the 1st, 5th, 10th, or more – as well as any anniversary they choose. So a 7th anniversary is completely welcoming of a celebration
• Renewing wedding vows allows couples to plan their wedding ‘re-do’ their way, which is quite wonderful for those who were perhaps unhappy with how their original weddings turned out, or whose parents overtook the plans
• Renewing wedding vows gives military couples the chance to celebrate their appreciation of one another before or after a deployment
• Renewing wedding vows serves as a wonderful example to the younger generations of what a positive, successful marriage looks like
• Renewing wedding vows may be done privately, just the two of you on a beach or mountaintop, or it might be a large family and friend gathering in a ballroom
• Renewing wedding vows allows you to show appreciation for your spouse, a healthy element of a strong marriage
In these challenging times, so many people want something cheery to look forward to and enjoy, and a wedding vow renewal provides exactly that.
Michael Mahle, Director of Communications, Pleasantdale Château