Fantastic Wedding Favors
Your wedding favors create that all-important final detail and last impression made on your guests. They’ve enjoyed your fabulous wedding menu, they’ve toasted you with amazing wines and champagne, they’ve danced all evening, and as they depart, you have one last opportunity to impress them even further.
A great wedding is made from many stunning small details, and your choice of wedding favor can be the stunning, smile-inducing last touch of the perfect wedding. When you do it right, guests are impressed with your genius, your creativity and often, your generosity and class. If you were to skip the wedding favors, as an ill-advised method of budget-saving, guests will walk away with a negative impression. Yes, they do want a little something to take home from your wedding celebration. Wedding experts say it’s not okay to skip the favors.
That said, here are some of the most-appreciated, still budget-friendly wedding favors to consider:
• Chocolate truffles, in unique flavors such as key lime, cappuccino, espresso, and banana liqueur
• Individually-packaged cupcakes, one of the hottest new trends, especially when topped with an elegant champagne-infused frosting
• Individually-packaged brownies in unique flavor blends such as triple chocolate fudge, macadamia nut and coconut.
• Individually-packaged cookies in theme shapes and icing designs
• Wine bottle stoppers, in simple elegance styles such as a silver heart
• Photo coasters, in clear or frosted glass, allowing the guest to slip in photos or a printout of their monogram for their own entertaining use
A living favor, such as a tiny potted primrose plant or a tiny potted rose plant, which is a highly popular trend at New Jersey weddings, with our local brides and grooms sharing the style of our Garden State with guests from near and far.
One very popular trend right now is giving guests the chance to select their own favor tastes, such as a favor bar featuring five or six different flavors of chocolate truffles, jelly beans, cookies, brownies, petit fours or other treats. Guests use silver scoops or tongs to select their choice of take-home favors, place them in colorful, decorated or Lucite favor boxes, and they’ll depart delighted and impressed that you offered such a wonderful wedding favors feature.
Michael Mahle, Director of Communications, Pleasantdale Château