How Do I Choose Wedding Vendors?
Your perfect, dream wedding comes to life when you select the best wedding venue suiting your personal wedding style – from an outdoor garden wedding venue to a classic wedding venue indoors – and entrust the details of your big day to the best wedding vendors in every category from floral designer to lighting specialists, invitation designer to dress shop stylist. A gorgeous wedding comprises countless beautiful details, all created to your personalized wishes.
The key to a great wedding, and an enjoyable wedding planning experience is finding the best wedding vendors in every area of your wedding plans. They are, after all, the experts who bring your wedding vision to life through their network of wedding item suppliers, superior organization, skilled staff members, top-notch high-tech equipment and mastery of performance at your wedding.
With so many companies out there, it’s an important task to find the most experienced professionals specializing in your style of wedding. While we offer the top wedding experts at our New Jersey wedding venues, we have the top wedding tips to help you find, interview and book additional vendors in other categories for your big day:
- First, be able to define your wedding style. Discuss before shopping for your wedding vendors what you both want for your wedding, and collect images from Pinterest and other sources to show them photos of your dream wedding details.
- Get referrals from recently-married friends and family members, as well as those who have planned bar-bat mitzvahs, quinceneras, and corporate events, to find out who they interviewed, hired, worked with and loved.
- Also interview your hired New Jersey wedding vendors for their referrals to other experts in categories you haven’t explored yet. The best wedding vendors in New Jersey know who is excellent, whose prices fit your wedding budget, and who would be a good fit for your wedding venue.
- Review Best Of lists in top NJ wedding magazines, as well as award-winning wedding vendors, and your wedding venue’s list of preferred vendors to gather your contenders.
- Review your potential wedding vendors’ websites, blogs and social media accounts to see if their work meets your style and vision, not to make your final decision but to gather information on the top wedding vendors on your list.
- Make an appointment for a free consultation with each vendor, so that you can meet them in-person, see their studio and working space, meet their staff, get a feel for their style, and assess how well they listen to you, if they ask you questions more than they talk. A key element of consultations is asking yourself how this vendor makes you feel. The working relationship you’ll have will last for a long time, so you and your vendor must ‘click’ well.
- Review each vendor’s folder of menus and packages to get full details on their pricing plans, details, and all the information you’ll need. Some vendors offer online links to their info ‘packets’ as an eco-friendly wedding trend, rather than giving out printed packets.
- Go together, and each of you ask questions, so that you can see how the vendor interacts with you both.
- Take your time assessing each vendor’s wedding packages and plans, and don’t be afraid to call or meet again to ask about any a la carte choices or changes to their packages and plans. Don’t rush into hiring a wedding vendor. A slower pace lets you explore details about them, and interact with them more to get a feel for their style.
- See if their prices fit your wedding budget well, and ask what they can change or arrange to suit your budget, and then review their contract well before signing.
Remember, you’re striking business deals with each of your wedding vendors, and contracts are legally binding. So be sure you understand every term, every rule about cancellations and refunds, payment timing and more, before you sign on the line.