Top Bridal Shower Trends
Every bridal party wants to throw a spectacular, unforgettable bridal shower that suits the bride’s personality and style, and provides guests with fine cuisine and great entertainment. Here, we offer some of the top new bridal shower trends that can make your bridal showera stand-out crowd-pleaser that the bride will love.
- Choose a fine dining experience with the best buffet dinner or a gourmet Sunday brunch. Excellent cuisine makes a bridal party a success, and even on a budget, chefs can help tailor your menu to impress.
- More bridal showers are planned as brunches, which offers an array of delectable fine cuisine menu options, and multiple desserts, plus wine and champagne, and the earlier time of day allows guests to still have some of that weekend day to their own planning.
- There is more emphasis on food and wine pairings, with sophisticated menu options paired to great vintages.
- Offer unique bar menu items, following the top wedding trends of offering champagne and champagne cocktails, mimosas, bellinis, mojitos, prosecco, creative martinis and sangrias.
- Create a signature drink – one of the top wedding trends – and name it after the bride
- Offer not just a cake, but additional dessert items as well, such as family-favorite tiramisu, bananas foster, chocolate-covered strawberries, and other sweet treats.
- Choose from the most popular bridal shower color schemes, such as yellows, purples, Tiffany blue, fuchsia and lighter pink, and zebra-stripe in different color schemes such as pink or orange.
- Put extra emphasis on the tabletop designs, creating floral centerpieces and choosing table linens to match, and design your party venue with lighting effects such as uplighting around the room to build ambiance.
- Host an outdoor cocktail party, with drinks served on the terrace overlooking the garden grounds, food stations outdoors and indoors, and perhaps the meal served indoors or outside.
- Decorate with digital photo frames, a top wedding idea, displaying photos of the bride as a little girl, then leading into her school days, her dating days with her fiancé, and couple photos.
- Bridal shower games can get tedious for some guests, so stick to just one brief game, such as trivia about the bride, or asking all guests to write down marriage advice on a printed card…with the best entries read aloud.
- The traditional Wishing Well, in which guests put spices and small household items, is still a tradition with our New Jersey wedding couples, but we’re seeing more of a charitable wedding idea when hosts ask guests to bring donations such as books or canned foods for donating to charity.
- Co-ed bridal showers are becoming more popular, with both the men and women enjoying fine cuisine at a romantic dining establishment such as ours.
- Bridal shower favors are now more often edibles, such as truffles, cake pops or other top wedding trend desserts.