Carving Station Trends
Your wedding cocktail party menu is one part of your Big Day that guests look forward to the most, and they have great expectations that the food will be excellent, the presentation elaborate, and the choices plentiful. Since guests travel so far to attend weddings, it’s smart to talk with your wedding caterer about creating a cocktail party menu that will surprise and delight your friend and family.
The key to sensational cocktail party stations and buffet stations, even stations for wedding brunches is to offer foods that guests don’t see at every other wedding they attend. After all, guests may regularly go to Easter brunch or bridal shower brunches and find the ‘usual’ carving stations at every one.
For your wedding, talk to your catering team and award-winning wedding chefs about adding new gourmet choices to your carving stations, so that your wedding menu stands out as the best-ever.
Here are some of the top carving station trends that have helped define our menus:
- Pork tenderloin with mushroom duxelle en croute
- Coriander and cumin-crusted pork loin stuffed with air-dried apricots, lingonberries and black currants
- New York-style pastrami
- New York-style corned beef
- Vermontturkey (especially for fall weddings and winter weddings)
- Roast turkey breast with cranberry orange compote and gravy
- Corn-fed bakedVirginiaham
- Poached ham with white wine and quince
- Roast leg of lamb with garlic and rosemary
- Roasted leg of lamb stuffed with garlic and feta
- Tequila-lime marinated flank steak
- Roast suckling pig (dependent on market pricing)
- Peppercorn-crusted sushi grade ahi tuna loin with red onion, tomato and caper relish
- Apple and ancho-braised brisket of beef
- Boneless ribeye of bison with chipotle mayonnaise
- Adobo marinated flank steak with chimichurri sauce
Again, the more unique your carving station choices, the more your entire wedding cocktail party and wedding dinner gets elevated, and it may look to guests like you spent much more than you did.
And be sure that you make time to visit your own carving station, so that you don’t miss out on these gourmet catering tastes.